Kateqoriya - Könüllü fəaliyyət
Müəllif - İbrahim Əliyev
4 Noyabr 2019
UNESCO WHV 2019
World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) 2019 – Empowering the Commitment to World Heritage. The WHV 2019 campaign provides empowering and enriching opportunities to young people and enables them to go beyond borders in some of the most outstanding places in the world. Volunteers will work together to preserve natural and cultural sites, as well as to raise awareness among local communities about their heritage.
The World Heritage Volunteers Initiative is led by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre (WHC) in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), the European Heritage Volunteers (as a branch of Open Houses) and Better World. For its twelfth year, 68 action camp projects will be implemented at 62 World Heritage properties and sites inscribed on the Tentative Lists, from June to December 2019, by 55 organizations in 36 countries.
The walled city of Ahmadabad, founded by Sultan Ahmad Shah in the fifteenth century, lies on the eastern bank of the Sabarmati River. It presents rich architectural heritage from the sultanate period, notably the Bhadra citadel, the walls and gates of the Fort city and numerous mosques and tombs, as well as important Hindu and Jain temples of later periods. The urban fabric is made up of densely packed traditional houses (pols) in gated traditional streets (puras) with characteristic features such as bird feeders, public wells and religious institutions. The city has continued to flourish as the capital of the State of Gujarat for the last six centuries up to the present day.
The participants of UNESCO WHV 2019 will organize and take part in different awareness raising actions, from heritage walk to classes, quizzes, musical evenings, camp fire, discovering food, paintings and art performances with local youth, school students and community representatives. They will also prepare a documentary about the camp’s activities to promote the site and youth involvement in heritage protection across different social media platforms. Scheduled visits to various heritage sites across the city, handicrafts and museums. Heritage Talk show will feature experts delivering insights about Indian Heritage.
- To be a part of the esteemed WHV Project of UNESCO.
- Develop your Heritage Quotient.
- Meet Heritage Experts.
- International Certification.
- Work together with Global Participants.
- Build a network with the community.
- Explore Indian Culture, Heritage and Architecture.
- Participant must be 16-35 years old.
- Participant has to be involved in the entire time frame of the program.
- Participant must be enthusiastic to explore heritage conservation and promotion at the
World Heritage Site.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the given link.
- Participation Fees (The Participation fees include – Accommodation, Meals and Local Travel during the entire program)
- INR 14000 for Indian Nationals
- USD 300 for Foreign Nationals
- Application Deadline: 25 November 2019
Application Deadline: November 25, 2019
Apply now: https://elixirindia.org/upcoming-events/
Buqelemunu digər sosial şəbəkələrdə də izləyin: