Kateqoriya- Xaricdə Təhsil
Müəllif- Aslan Mammadli
14 Mart 2019
Call for applications for UK Government PostDoctoral Fellowships 2019. The UK Fellowship provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years. The Royal Society’s remit covers the natural and physical sciences, including biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Currently there is one round per year which opens in January.
The Newton International Fellowship Scheme was established in 2008 to select the very best early career postdoctoral researchers from all over the world, and enable them to work at UK research institutions for two years. Newton International Fellowships are made available by the Royal Society, British Academy and Academy of Medical Sciences.
UK GOVERNMENT POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS DETAILS:
- United Kingdom
- The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society.
- 2 Years
- The Fellowship in UK start date must be between 1 October 2019 and 31 March 2020, preferably on the first of the month
- Newton Fellowships last for two years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £3,000 for relocation expenses (£2,000 for EEA nationals).
- Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher.
- Applicants may also be eligible to receive up to £6,000 annually following the tenure of their Fellowship to support networking activities with UK-based researchers.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements, which are explained in the scheme notes.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UK GOVERNMENT POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS 2019?
Applications for the natural and physical sciences should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants management system (Flexi-Grant®). Applications are initially reviewed by two members of the Newton International Fellowships panel and then shortlisted. The applications are then reviewed again by the panel and the final decision is made.
- All applications to the Newton International Fellowships are reviewed and assessed by two members of the selection panel who have the most appropriate scientific expertise using the criteria detailed above.
- It is expected that applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email.
- The closing date of the UK Government Postdoctoral Fellowships 2019 is 27 March 2019 (15:00 UK time).